The Enrique Legaspi Sr. High School was created under Republic Act No. 6654 sometimes in 1973 in the Elementary School site. Last School Year 1989-1990 the school transferred to the new school site with an area of 0.5697 sq. meters donated by the late Capitolina O. Legaspi a former Principal of ELSES. It is 13. 5 kilometers from the city of Masbate, reachable by land transportation. In 1993 it was renamed to COLMHS in honor of the donor. The school caters to students coming from neighboring barangays.
By 2030, Dep-Ed is globally recognized for good governance for developing functionally literate and God-loving Filipinos.
To provide basic quality education that is accessible to all and lays the foundation of lifelong learning and service for the common good.
[gview file="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52019166/Report%20Card/Organizational%20Chart%20of%20Capitolina.pdf" height="850px" width="100%"]
A. students Program:
- All students took the 3rd Periodic Test last January 18-17, 2011.
- All third year and fourth year students participated the Juniors and Seniors Program.
- Thirty (30) students participated in the Meeting de Avanci in preparation for the Supreme Student Government Election. February 2011.
- All Students participated actively in the COLMHS Supreme Students Government (SSG) Election.
- One (1) SSG Officer attended the SSG Federated Selection at the Division Office, Masbate City.
- One hundred (100) Fourth Year students attended the Recollection held at Sacred Heart Parish, Malinta, Masbate City, last March 2011.
- All fourth year students took up the Fourth Periodic Test March 27-28, 2011.
- All second year students took the National Achievement Test last March 1, 2011
- All fourth year students took the National Career Achievement Examination last September 30, 2011.
- One hundred thirty two (132) seniors students received their Academic Diploma for Secondary Education Curriculum March 29, 2011.
- The Drum and Lyre Corps joined the Independence Day Celebration in Masbate City, June 12, 2011.
- Seven hundred twenty one (733) students enrolled in the different year levels.
- All students took the Division Pre-test in their different subject areas.
- Orientation and Welcome Program to all First Year and transferees students last June 18, 2010.
- All SSG officers involved in the election of the first year representative July 23, 2011.
- Project ALIVE classes every Friday afternoon from July – August 2011.
- 95% of students actively participated in the school level activities/competitions with Buwan ng Wika Celebration, August 2011.
- All Homerooms called the parents for their Homeroom PTA Meeting 98% parents attended on the said activity.
- General PTA Meeting called by the principal to present the collections and projects made by the PTA.
- All students took the 1st periodic test August 26-27, 2010.
- One (1) student joined the 2011 Population Quiz Bee at Division Office Conference Hall.
- Intramural Meet was held last September 16-17, 2010. This was participated by all year levels.
- Foundation Day was celebrated last September 24, 2011.
- City Meet held at Grand Stand participated by all students.
- Fourteen (12) students participated the Division Press Conference held at Osmena College on January 10, 2012.
- Seventy five (75) students participated in Division YES –O Camp.